Now you can explore with confidence!
This factory replacement tank holds an extra 5 gallons allowing you to stay out on the trail longer without worrying about running out of gas!
The GenRight Crawler™ Extended Range Gas Tank will fit right into any Jeep Wrangler TJ or LJ (1997-2006) with the rear axle in the stock location.
It is specifically designed to hold an EXTRA 5 gallons of fuel AND still fit in the stock location without drilling any new holes! This tank simply bolts in to replace your stock gas tank (on Jeep Wrangler TJ or LJ) for those long distance trips and keeps your center of gravity low by carrying the extra fuel down low in the stock location.
This tank has the same relation to the axle as the stock tank and occupies the exact same space as the stock tank, so if your suspension lift & axle combination works with your stock tank, it will work with the GenRight gas tank too.
Sorry, NO axle move back possible with this model. For a tank with similar features but will allow axle relocation and better ground clearance see the 20 Gallon Crawler EXT tank (GST-2002).
NOTES: We have only checked this tank to fit with a Dana 35 or 44 rear axles in the stock location (lift kits are OK). However, we know customers have fit this tank with Ford 9" and Dana 60 rear axles too. Aftermarket trac bar mounts may need to be modified, BUT if your lift kit and trac bar mount works with your stock tank it will work with our gas tank too.
- Made from 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy and TIG welded.
- Includes a matching heavy duty 3/16" thick skid plate.
- A foam liner is between the tank and skid plate.
- Stainless steel straps hold the tank in the skid plate.
- Multiple internal baffles to reduce fuel movement & keep fuel near the pick up.
- Re-uses your stock Jeep fuel pump/sending unit.
- Works with the factory emissions and other related equipment so you will not get any check engine lights or other engine computer issues.
- Ground clearance is the same as stock or slightly lower depending on the model year Jeep you have.
- 24.5 Gallon total fuel capacity.
- Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Patent Pending.
- 100% Made in USA!
- 2003 to 2006 TJ's (and LJ's) have a completely different tank venting system (EVAP) be sure to choose the correct model from the drop down.
- A 1" body lift is recommended to fit this model in the '03 or newer Jeeps.
- You could make your own 1/2" thick tank/skid spacer kit for those who do not want to install a body lift.
- Don't forget to get and install our Fuel Pump Access Plate while you are changing the tank out.