This is the GenRight Crawler™ EXT Gas Tank to fit a Jeep CJ-7.
It is a replacement fuel tank for the factory plastic or sheet metal tanks. Re-uses the factory filler hoses, fuel pump, vent valves and ties into the factory Emissions system.
The EXT designation is specifically reshaped to allow the rear axle to be moved back up to 5" (4" on Dana 60) to stretch the Jeep's wheelbase for greater stability on big tires.
This tank will accept the factory CJ fuel pick up and sending unit or the factory Jeep YJ in-tank fuel module which is better for those guys who have converted their Jeep over to fuel injection.
(*Note: Each tank is supplied with a blank adapter plate for those who want to continue running the factory CJ fuel pick up/sending unit.)
- Each tank is made from TIG welded 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy.
- Includes a heavy-duty 3/16" thick steel skid plate
- Internal baffles reduce fuel movement and keep fuel near the pick up.
- Replacement tank that bolts into the factory location.
- 1" more ground clearance
- 15.5 gallon fuel capacity
- The GenRight Off Road CJ Crawler fuel tanks are designed to accept the factory CJ or YJ type fuel sender/module.
- Re-uses the factory vent valves and ties into the factory EVAP system.
- All tanks are 100% pressure-tested for leaks.
- Made in the USA.
- Designed to use the factory Jeep filler & vent hoses from the 20 gallon plastic fuel tank.
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product may require changes to the exhaust tail pipe.
- If you will be using the factory YJ fuel module/pick up you will need to lengthen the unit 1" to reach the bottom of the tank.
- We also offer a larger capacity 20 gallon gas tank for the Jeep CJ-7 (GST-1003).
- The YJ sending unit is not compatible with the factory CJ fuel gauge in the stock CJ speedometer, BUT it is compatible with all aftermarket fuel gauges!